We are delighted to announce that the Leixlip Youth & Community Centre will reopen on Monday 6th July, after closing 16 weeks ago.
Thanks to the tremendous efforts of the LYCC team Amy, Charlene, Trevor, Breda, Diana and Niall, we are ready to open our doors again and welcome our local community back to the Centre.
In line with government Health & Safety guidelines we have developed our Covid Response plan for the Centre which covers risk assessments, training staff, enhanced cleaning and disinfection measures, infection prevention and control, and dealing with a suspected case of Covid-19.
In all situations, the health and safety of those who use the Leixlip Youth & Community Centre, as well as staff and volunteers is the paramount consideration when progressing phased resumption of activities in the Centre.
- Wall mounted hand sanitiser dispensers located throughout the building
- Max room occupancy guidelines for each area to adhere to social distancing, including bathrooms
- Enhanced cleaning schedule for each area of the Centre
- Staff will maintain physical distancing from Centre users at all times
- Groups will return on a phased basis, depending on the activity involved
- Coffee Shop will operate 10am-1pm Mon-Fri for takeaway only initially, with new goodies for sale, and new price list
- Card payments are now accepted and are the preferred method of payment to reduce cash handling
- Some summer camps will take place in August – Dance LA August 10th -14th and Project Fashion August 17th – 21st
- Youth Club activities will not return until the Autumn
- Parent & Toddler group remains on hold
We welcome and encourage feedback from our Centre users, it enables us to improve the services we provide, so please talk to a member of our staff if you have any questions or queries on the new protocols.