JOB DESCRIPTION – ADMINISTRATOR (Part-time)
Fixed Term Contract
Job Title: Administrator (Part-Time)
Location: Newtown House Leixlip.
Reports to: Centre Supervisor and /or Members of the Board as directed
Responsible for: Accounting/Administration/ General office duties.
Liaising with: All staff and volunteers at the Centre and Board of Management.
Purpose of Job: Support the Operational Management of the Centre.
This is a fixed-term contract – Immediate start – 7 weeks until Christmas 2019.
- Acting as first point of contact for Centre, Meet and greet public/visitors as required
- General Office Duties as required including telephone, email, post, preparing Diary of Activities at Centre etc.
- Maintain filing and record systems, both hard copy and computer based in accordance with best practice.
- Manage the relationships with a range of key users and liaising with user groups, coordinate the rental of rooms ensuring Insurance is in order
- Supervision of the Centre as required including opening and closing of centre.
- Keeping all admin files/information resources up to date.
- Accounts duties and working with Surf online accounts software, issuing invoices preparing payments
- Handling money, issuing receipts, preparing lodgements for bank, managing petty cash.
- Procurement of goods and services as required for example ordering stationery, cleaning & maintenance supplies etc.
- Organising and co-ordinating office operations and procedures
- Create a welcoming ethos at the centre.
- Any other duties which may be agreed from time to time.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Fluent English, strong written and oral communication skills
- A high level of proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of programmes (Excel and Word are essential)
- An ability to work on own initiative and in a flexible manner and on occasions outside normal office hours
- Exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and to work to deadlines
- Experience of working in a community setting with groups and individuals
Person Specification – Key Competencies
- Practical approach to managing workload within a small organization
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Commitment to working with integrity and according to equal opportunities, diversity and information protection policies and procedures at all times.
- Written communication skills including report writing.
- Managing finances (budgets and expenditure) for a small organization or large project, including monitoring of funding and processing payments.
- Initiative, good judgment and analytical skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal & communication skills
- A commitment to the role and value of the community and voluntary sector.
Hours of work:
You will be required to work not more than 19 ½ hours per week.
Recruitment & selection process:
Short-listing will apply followed by structured interview.
Please note that only Applicants called for Interview will be contacted.
- Closing Date for Application: Friday 18th October 2019
- Interviews are scheduled to take place: As soon as possible.
- Applications by CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will need to complete a Garda vetting application form prior to commencement.
We particularly welcome applications from unemployed persons in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit (JB), Jobseeker’s Assistance (JA), one parent family payment (OPF) or the Jobseeker Transitional Payment
This employment is supported by the Department of Rural and Community Development and Pobal through the Community Services Programme