Job Description: Caretaker (Part-Time) – 12 hrs per week, Fixed Term Contract
Location: Newtown House, Leixlip.
Reports to: Centre Supervisor and /or Members of the Board as directed
Responsible for: Security and Safety of the Centre
Purpose of Job: Support the Operational Management of the Centre.
This is a fixed-term contract – 5 months – Immediate start.
- In a diligent and reliable manner to close the Centre, locking up, setting alarms, key holding
- To ensure the security of the Centre is maintained, front desk presence, viewing security cameras.
- To set up and prepare rooms for use with tables, chairs, equipment.
- To deal with customers and users of the centre in a polite and responsible manner.
- To carry out general reception duties including dealing with customer queries, answering the phone.
- To carry out general cleaning duties as required, including floors, kitchens, toilets, dealing with spills
- To handle cash as required, issuing receipts, and handover of money to office.
- To keep the centre and its surrounding area litter free.
- To ensure high standards in the Health and Safety at the work place, including the provision of First Aid treatment.
- To ensure that the Centre is a safe place at all times.
- To participate in all training programmes provided.
- Fluent English, strong written and oral communication skills
- Reliable and trust worthy person
- Available to work evenings and weekends
Desirable but not essential
- Experience of working in a community setting with groups and individuals
- Previously Garda Vetted
Skills and attributes
- The ability to work on own initiative, unsupervised
- Commitment to working with integrity and according to equal opportunities, diversity and information protection policies and procedures at all times.
- Practical approach to managing workload within a small organization
Hours of work:
You will be required to work not more than 12 hours per week, across evenings and Saturdays.
Weekly Roster (subject to change)
- Wednesday 6pm – 8.30pm
- Thursday 5pm – 10pm
- Friday 5.30pm – 7pm
- Saturday either 9.15am – 12.15pm or 1pm-4pm
Recruitment & selection process:
Short-listing will apply followed by structured interview.
Please note that only Applicants called for Interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate will required to be Garda vetted prior to commencement in accordance with our Child Safeguarding Policy. All candidates called for interview will be asked to complete the Garda Vetting Form.
- Closing Date for Application: Monday 3rd February
- Interviews are scheduled to take place: As soon as possible.
- Applications by CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org